Re: OT-Calico rhizomes

Suncitymom@aol.com wrote:
>    Most of the time I lurk but read,learn,enjoy and worry about things posted
> to the list.
>   But now I need some help/advise.I have a pet project going in my backyard
> but don't know where to get the Irises I need. In historics (my passion) we
> go to HIPS to find what we need.
>   What I'm looking for is Irises with the word Calico in the name. We live on
> Calico in Sun City Az. The Iris register has a list of 18 irises with the
> word Calico in the name.
>   I have only found (and have planted 4)
> Calico Kid
> Calico Ruffles
> Cozy Calico
> Queen in Calico
>   How do I find sources for all the rest? Is there a central database
> somewhere (like in HIPS) that I can find a commercial growers who are selling
> the 14 I still need?

I would post a note to iris-talk with the Subject Tag: CAT:Help Locating Calicos
and list the ones you don't have. There is no central repository (except
for the historics) of who offers what for sale and certainly not for
what all the members of the list have in their gardens.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:

President, Westbay Iris Society
Director, Region 14 of the AIS

Subscribe to iris-talk at:

Subscribe to iris-photos at:

Free, Unlimited Calls Anywhere!
Conference in the whole family on the same call.
Let the fights begin!  Visit Firetalk.com - Click below.