Re: CULT: beginner's questions...

Hmm - the beginner's questions I had were all related to 'where can I
find' or 'how can I go about finding' the few tough new introductions
that will do well for me.  After 3+ years on this discussion forum, I
can answer that one - it isn't possible.  Or, hybridize my own.  Or,
enjoy the hunt, meet new friends, ask ask ask, and get few suggestions
that amount to much.

Still miss being able to send a check for $25 to Cottage Gardens every
year and having them send me the best of the newish ones - how I got
STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN as a new intro/bonus.

Most common beginners questions that have been posted that I can think
of have been 'where can I buy more', 'why won't my irises bloom', and
'somebody gave me some rhizomes, where/how/when do I plant them and take
care of them'.

Do you want somebody to post something about those three topics every
week?

I've ordered a few things this year, but am at a loss as to where to get
'a few good irises' again this year.  I pried a few suggestions out of
Clarence last year - he had suggested Celebration Song as one to try
here & it has been fabulous.  But one he mentioned last year rotted
immediately (not HIS fault) & the other is no great wonder.  Maybe
MELTED BUTTER would be one to try?

Anybody got any insights into some super growers - maybe ones that were
doing really well in Oklahoma & have also done well in this unpleasant
growing season up nawth?

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
zone 7/8

Hate housework?...then WIN A MAID....