Re: CULT: beginner's questions

>I wouldn't mind, but this is why I suggested a tag that everyone could
>recognize each time.  People that are bored with the subject, or just don't
>want to be bothered, could delete. Listers would know immediately that they
>were/weren't interested.
>With repeated quests from lurkers, it appears we don't  meet the needs of
>the newer members. Is there a tag, similar but not necessarily the same as
>mine, that will address the problem?
>Betty in Bowling Green KY zone 6

I'm sure there are many who would be happy to answer beginner's questions,
myself included. We must remember though, that advice given might not be
relevent, or, in some cases may not even be correct, depending on the
advisers expertise, and on their location. (For example - I advise friends,
and customers to divide and plant their SDB's in Nov/Dec, and give them a
northerly aspect :-) I wouldn't offer that advice on this list.)

Just an idea - could we put some relevant cultural details for various types
of irises, on the shared files page at egroups. Perhaps a list of suppliers
would be appropriate in another file. We could the refer newbies to the
'beginners' pages for a good read, and they could ask their questions from

we don't want to lose listers because the list is suddenly over burdened
with beginner questions. Nor do we want to lose any beginner iris growers.

Jan Clark, in Australia, where I know it is nearly spring because K-mart
have at last stocked their shelves with un-named rotting iris rhizomes in
plastic bags. Clearly, if it is good enough for Americans to be planting
their irises now, it is good enough for K-mart customers. <VBG>