clumpers vs. travellers

Good Morning:

I am doing a bit of research on two topics dealing with Louisiana irises:

1.)  Do any listers have recommendations for Louisianas that tend to make
tight clumps, rather than travel about the garden like Marco Polo?  I'd
like to know the ones that are best in your garden, plus the ones that are
worst.  I'd like to do an article on this eventually.

2.)  A second area of inquiry is the issue of grasshopper damage to
Louisiana iris foliage.  I saw some interesting patterns this year.  For
example, if you had grasshopper damage...did the Louisiana SPECIES suffer
more than the hybrids?

Don't worry with advising me to post this on the Louisianqa iris listserv;
I've already done that.

Thanks for any replies.

Tom W. Dillard, Curator
Butler Center for Arkansas Studies