Re: HYB: Belvi Queen cross

Hello Janet,

><<  BELVI
> QUEEN (Jensen '76 TB) - not very vivid and a bit dull for me and
> plics will probably never be my favorites, it still was rewarding with
> a quantity of stalks; >>
>Donald,
>    I received BQ as an extra this year, so I was glad to have another
>rebloomer...I did see a picture of BQ that was slight in the markings
>department so I know what you mean about "a bit dull" ...but my first idea
>was to cross it with Tennessee Woman which is similar in marking pattern,
>only more vivid, and maybe get a reblooming
>more vivid version of BQ.    I understand Belvi Q to be a really good
>rebloomer for lots of folks.

My cross was using KOKO KNOLL, an arilbred.  The idea for me is to
see whether the rather washed out markings will let some of the richer
arilbred color show up.  Sort of the same plan I have on TENNESSEE
GENTLEMAN.  Not that I don't prefer BQ to TG as an iris.  I do.  But
rebloom is still a big question for me in our long, hot dry falls lately,
so I'm not sure I could ascertain whether any seedling would rebloom
or not.  I might have a super fall bloomer and never know it :).

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7, USA

http://click.egroups.com/1/8014/0/_/486170/_/965443310/