CULT: temporary shade

Guy at a local feed store made this suggestion for protecting newly
planted, sappy veggies at this time of year (crookneck squash in this
case), & it gave me ideas for protecting newly set rhizomes too.

He suggested cutting pieces of leafy tree or shrub branches, then
sticking them in the ground for instand tree shade, especially on the
west facing side.  Talk about shade from trees without competition from
roots!  I haven't tried it yet, but I really like the idea.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA Zone 7/8

Sign-up for FREE email newsletters from PCWorld.com.
Hot Shareware, Daily Product Review, Computer News Alert, and more!
PCWorld.com, technology advice you can trust.