CULT: drying out beds

I've never used plastic covers to try to dry out beds for irises but way
back when I was growing tobacco....

The seeds had to be planted in February & there was often a very narrow
window of time when the ground was dry enough that seed beds could be
fumigated and tilled.  I remember using a big waterproof tarp of some
sort to dry the soil.  I've been trying to remember how long it had to
be on the ground to make a difference.  Maybe a month?  Two weeks?

(Didn't mean to take so long to post this!)

Linda Mann east tennessee USA zone 7/8

Open the door to endless possibilities for your home!