RE: OT:HUMOR - Cats& shovels

Great story!  Living on a ranch in Arizona, I am familiar with
rattlesnake country, and have had many scares when hearing anything
close to a rattle.  I've come across many while riding the desert.
In that case, I feel I'm on their turf, respect them, and leave them
alone.  In my yard is a different matter - they die.  Recently a
friend's 9 year old was bitten while retrieving a ping pong ball at
an exclusive Tucson resort.  He spent several days in the hospital,
including two in intensive care.  This is rare, most people are
bitten as a result of trying to mess with them. (Stupidity is painful)
By the way, cats are one of the best deterrents to rattlers.  I keep
outside cats to control the mouse, rat, and ground squirrel
populations that abound around me.  When you have few rodents, you
rarely will have a rattlesnake.
Bye the way, Rosalie, I don't know - those borers and slugs sound
pretty scary to me!
Kathy Chilton
West of Tucson, AZ
Zone 8, where we're praying for rain.

Free, Unlimited Calls Anywhere!
Conference in the whole family on the same call.
Let the fights begin!  Visit Firetalk.com - Click below.
http://click.egroups.com/1/5476/0/_/486170/_/965690813/