Re: SPEC: I. virginica seed, and Spec-X

wmoores@watervalley.net writes:

<<  Anner, you should see the seeds I shelled from the pods of
 LITTLE CAILLET x BLACK WIDOW.  They look like miniature
 filberts.  They have no corks, so they show no LA influence. Guess
 the mama plant decides what seeds will look like.  I have never
 seen iris seeds that look like these.>>

They sound very endearing, Walta.

Who knows. When in doubt I either sow in December and leave them outside so
Nature can take Her course, or soak, surface sow, and stratify for six weeks.
Most things come up. Why don't you let them dry a few weeks then experiment
with one nice plump one. Soak it, sow it, and give it some light and warm and
see what happens. If it refused to do anything insix weeks, stick it into the
frige for a spell and then bring it out and see what the story is.

Anner, in Virginia