RE: Digest Number 1162

Re: weeds.
I am new to this egroup.  Enjoy reading others suggestion.  For those
haveing trouble with weeds, try mulching with grass clippings.  I have
approximately 1000 feet of flower beds with a wide variety of flowers,(my
favorite are my 26 varieties and colors of Iris).  In the spring when I
first weed the beds I start putting on the grass clippings.  This year the
beds with a good layer of grass clippings only needed minor weeding.  I live
in Zone 4 according to Sunset.  With the hot dry summer I only have to deep
water every two weeks.  Don't know if its good for the iris, but the large
one has wonderful long lasting blooms, and the plants look healthy.
Rusty LaDue
freedomdove48@hotmail.com