Cult- IrisNet Culture vs. Iris Culture

Well, if you wonder why we lurkers are, here are my current reasons/excuses:
1.  Just joined the group a couple-three weeks ago and am still getting a feel for it.
2.  Have spent four out of the last four weekend days on iris activities (auction/sale prep, tour planning, pot-luck cooking etc.)
3.  Have spent most of the daylight-after-work hours on trying to catch up with the spring weeds--and already the summer weeds are here and flourishing--and digging stuff to give away so I can plant auction/sale acquisitions!  (Q.  Does it really make weeding easier if you sweat enough to wash mosquitoes off as they land?  Heat index 104 here today...)
4.  Have been running 6-9 days behind on reading the digests, so figure all questions are answered and all topics exhausted by the time I'd get around to putting in my 2 cents worth.
5.  Suspect I might function better as a horrible example than by giving advice...  (You should see my iris-borer population!)
6.  Haven't had time to write a bio to introduce myself  (but will anyhow--guess there isn't a whole lot to say despite my age!)
7.  If I say anything, the 400 people who are waiting for their next Medianite will know I'm reading the net instead of editing it.
8.  The dog ate my instruction printout.  (Darn it, Star, not that AND the library book!)

Nyla Hughes
Webster Groves (St.Louis) MO Zone 6A USA