OT: List Traffic - Temporary Bye

To all the nice folks on Iris Talk....

I need to (hopefully temporarily) leave the list but would like to say
thanks to everyone who has provided so much good information and to also
leave with an offer.

The main reason I need to leave is that I am on a number of different
lists, but none with the volume of this one. I am forced to pare this
down to a reasonable volume and unfortunately this list just happened to
have the worst signal to noise ratio. I actually reviewed 10 days worth
and found that by using the most generous categorization, out of 234
emails, 146 notes were directly or indirectly about iris and 88 were
not. Of the 146, only 22 failed to use the tags as described by the
intro (ignoring the Re:'s that are so darned hard to get rid of, of
course), which I thought was actually surprisingly good.

So I thought to myself, well maybe there are other folks in the same
shoes... just can't keep up with all the email and don't have the time
to speed read them all looking for content, regardless of whether you
are reading from the digest, archives or direct emails, there's too much
to read... OTOH, maybe I'm dead wrong too!!!
Anyway, I thought it would be nice to offer to provide a list that was
an almost exact copy of iris-talk, but with only iris related stuff on
it. I know that many of you like the other stuff, so this might just be
volunteering to the air, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to offer to do
this if there were a large number out there interested...

Please email me privately if you would like. Just in case I have YET
AGAIN accidently ruffled any feathers, my apologies in advance, but I
would prefer not to receive any negative comments, I'm just not too good
with them... (perhaps a little sensitive ever since I got flamed for
asking about chemicals once!)

Thanks again to everyone and may all your iris bloom madly!

Catherine
(NJ)

--
Catherine Fulmer    Network Administrator    cf@pavcal.com

  safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across
  the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil,
  shouting GERONIMO!"
manowar@magpage.com            http://www.magpage.com/~manowar

http://click.egroups.com/1/7012/0/_/486170/_/965916037/