Re: OT: List Traffic - Temporary Bye

> To all the nice folks on Iris Talk....

> The main reason I need to leave is that I am on a number of different
> lists, but none with the volume of this one. I am forced to pare this
> down to a reasonable volume and unfortunately this list just happened
> to have the worst signal to noise ratio.

>  . . . .  Anyway, I thought it
> would be nice to offer to provide a list that was an almost exact copy
> of iris-talk, but with only iris related stuff on it.
>

> Catherine
> (NJ)
>
> --
> #-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-#
> Catherine Fulmer    Network Administrator    cf@pavcal.com
>           Phone: 609-518-3700 x4444          Fax: 609-518-3720
> My words are mine, and don't reflect the views of my employer.
>

> manowar@magpage.com            http://www.magpage.com/~manowar
> #-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-#

	Since you posted from work, answers to a few questions I think
list members might be interested in are:

	Will this list be run on the work server?

	Won't running a separate list on your own further restrict your
time, which you are short of?

	Will you be doing lab research while you are moderating the
list?

	I wouldn't want to be involved with a perhaps unauthorized
server on a list  that might interfere with the normal events of the
business work day, nor would I want to slow down the work of an
individual research person.

	There might be legal ramifications to this I wouldn't want to be a
party to.

	As far as lists I am on,  Iris-l has the best signal to noise ratio,
and I would be reluctant to join another with similar content.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS

http://click.egroups.com/1/7011/0/_/486170/_/965951998/