Re: CULT: Heavying Up Too Light "Soil"

Hello Folks,

Could you skim off some of what you have to about 6" and then put
a layer of the "Compost and Manure" down and mix it in?  After that
you could put what you had skimmed off back on top to plant the
rhizomes and roots in something without too much manure.  I did
something similar with the seedling bed this year and the results
have been very good.  I often use manure this way when preparing
beds, working it in generously, but then putting a layer on top which
has been reserved.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7, USA - where it's so hot....well...ask Pat.