RE: COMP:Lost Messages

>First, you blame it on eGroups, because other lists have people complaining
>of missing messages, then, you shoot your argument pretty well dead when
>say that messages you have sent have gone missing.

Messages I have sent, have not gone missing at all. They have bounced right
back to me, from egroups, and I have had to send them again (to the exact
same, correct in the first place, address) Even if my messages had gone
missing, where does the 'argument' fall down? I would have thought that
would add fuel to my assertions.

I am blaming it on egroups that my mail is not being delivered to the
iris-talk list. I may be wrong in making this accussation, but this has only
been a problem for the last 2 days, and it has only occurred with e-mail
sent to egroup lists, and it has occurred 5 times.
I wasn't actually arguing with anyone, but I am basing my comment on the
facts as I know them, and I do not know a lot about routers. Like you, I
have had plenty (most) of my mails arrive within seconds of sending, and
occassionally (rarely) one lingers for several hours/days.
It has been my experience in the last few days, that this problem has been
far greater than normal.
In the past these incidents seem to relate very closely to one-list 'house
cleaning' sessions. One-list is now egroups, so why shouldn't they have the
same problems.

I wish someone could explain it, but I don't think I will lose any sleep
over the problem.
Cheers, Jan