hort.net Seasonal photo, (c) 2006 Christopher P. Lindsey, All Rights Reserved: do not copy
articles | gallery of plants | blog | tech blog | plant profiles | patents | mailing lists | top stories | links | shorturl service | tom clothier's archive0
Gallery of Plants
Tech Blog
Plant Profiles
Mailing Lists
    Search ALL lists
    Search help
    Subscription info
Top Stories
sHORTurl service
Tom Clothier's Archive
 Top Stories
Disease could hit Britain's trees hard

Ten of the best snowdrop cultivars

Plant protein database helps identify plant gene functions

Dendroclimatologists record history through trees

Potato beetle could be thwarted through gene manipulation

Hawaii expands coffee farm quarantine

Study explains flower petal loss

Unauthorized use of a plant doesn't invalidate it's patent

RSS story archive

Re: COMP:Lost Messages

Fear Not!  what amazes me is to read the mail and get the answers to a
question that somehow appears in the middle of about 20 replies. ( give or
take ).  During harvest season this one just reads the mail to relax and
fingers don't jump into quick answers to often               Bill
Stone's Iris Garden
Volcano, CA
     Hoping all  get some relief from the fires
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>
To: <iris-talk@egroups.com>
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2000 3:14 AM
Subject: RE: [iris-talk] COMP:Lost Messages

> >First, you blame it on eGroups, because other lists have people
> >of missing messages, then, you shoot your argument pretty well dead when
> >you
> >say that messages you have sent have gone missing.
> Pardon?
> Messages I have sent, have not gone missing at all. They have bounced
> back to me, from egroups, and I have had to send them again (to the exact
> same, correct in the first place, address) Even if my messages had gone
> missing, where does the 'argument' fall down? I would have thought that
> would add fuel to my assertions.
> I am blaming it on egroups that my mail is not being delivered to the
> iris-talk list. I may be wrong in making this accussation, but this has
> been a problem for the last 2 days, and it has only occurred with e-mail
> sent to egroup lists, and it has occurred 5 times.
> I wasn't actually arguing with anyone, but I am basing my comment on the
> facts as I know them, and I do not know a lot about routers. Like you, I
> have had plenty (most) of my mails arrive within seconds of sending, and
> occassionally (rarely) one lingers for several hours/days.
> It has been my experience in the last few days, that this problem has been
> far greater than normal.
> In the past these incidents seem to relate very closely to one-list 'house
> cleaning' sessions. One-list is now egroups, so why shouldn't they have
> same problems.
> I wish someone could explain it, but I don't think I will lose any sleep
> over the problem.
> Cheers, Jan
> ________________________________________________________________________
> Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

Want to wax the floors or light up the town? 
Ourhouse.com wants you to WIN A MAID for a year!

 © 1995-2015 Mallorn Computing, Inc.All Rights Reserved.
Our Privacy Statement
Other Mailing lists | Author Index | Date Index | Subject Index | Thread Index