Re: HIST: Dykes Medals

> Pat,
> The Dykes Medals are awarded by the British Iris Society.
> There is currently a British Dykes Medal, an American Dykes Medal, and an

> Australian Dykes Medal. In the past there was a French Dykes Medal, but
> was discontinued. The American Dykes Medal is awarded upon recommendation
> the Board of Directors of AIS. I do not know the selection criteria of
> other medals. As you know, a full list of Dykes Medals for America and
> will be found on the HIPS page at http://www.worldiris.com.

To expand on the information Anner has supplied, the American Dykes Medal
is actually a North American award for which irises hybridized in the U.S.
and Canada are eligible. The Australian Dykes Medal is an Australasian
award with the medal being bestowed on Australian and New Zealand
introductions in alternate years. I understand that the British Dykes medal
has recently become, in effect, an EU Dykes Medal with irises hybridized
anywhere in Europe being eligible to receive it. As Anner suggested, George
Sutton may be able to help you confirm these and other details concerning
the various Dykes Medals.

Never lose a file again. Protect yourself from accidental deletes,
overwrites, and viruses with @Backup.
Try @Backup it's easy, it's safe, and it's FREE!
Click here to receive 300 MyPoints just for trying @Backup.