Re: HIST: Dykes Medals

In a message dated 8/11/00 12:12:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, RYFigge@aol.com
writes:

<< I beg to differ in that the Bd. of Directors  are the ones who recommend
the
 iris for the Am. Dykes Medal!  The AIS members who are judges vote the Am.
 Dykes Medal, which, of course includes members of the Board (if they are
also
 AIS judges).

I did not in any way intend to suggest otherwise. We are simply speaking of
two different points in the process. The judges don't present the results of
the vote to BIS.

I spoke in deliberately broad generalities as a preliminary to suggesting
that the Director of Cheekwood in Nashville contact the BIS, whose award it
actually is, for the current official word on the subject.

Anner, in Virginia
ChatOWhitehall@aol.com

http://click.egroups.com/1/7011/0/_/486170/_/966015475/