HYB: Punnett square question

Hello Folks,

Hope someone can give a simple mind some direction.

MARY McCLELLAN is a disenrolled arilbred, being listed as 1/8 onco.
The aril ancestry derives from the pod parent BLUE OX which was a
cross of ACROPOLIS (I assume a TB?) x C.G. White oncobred (I
assume a 1/4 bred?)  In order to put this in a Punnett square to
calculate the odds of seedling resulting from a cross of MMc x 1/4 bred,
would the following be correct?

AA AA AA Aa if 'A' is TB and 'a' arilbred?  Also, is there a standard
method of putting the pod/pollen parents on a specific axis of the

It occurs to me as I occasionally poke around the iris genetics chapter
of WOI, muddled though that poking gets much of the time, that when
the Smother's Brothers theory of parenting reared its head when I was
growing up and I wondered if I was really secretly adopted, the theoretical
chance that I could well not be kin at all to some actual ancestors would
have been a bit of information from which I could have spun wondrous
theories of my own.  Not to mention a few disagreeable relatives farther
afield.  It might be a great relief if I were into genealogy in a serious
For iris progeny from a cross, it may prove to be frustrating and time
consuming to prove, however.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7, USA

Remember four years of good friends, bad clothes, explosive
chemistry experiments.