Re: HYB: Glaciata

>Given that Alpine Regoin is from plicata breeding (Billows x Harmonics
>seedlin) and is also therefore glaciata you could get almost anything.
>Fairly certainly AR will carry anthocyanin genes (blue, rose etc) as well
>as the gene for switching them off and Goddess may also.

Barry Blyth doesn't actually call AR a glaciata, and I was wondering if it
could just be a plicata, with the anthocyanin genes inhibited. The glaciata
gene is a seperate one from the plicata gene.
ANGEL'S CALL is a sibling of Harmonics, and has very feint blue plicata
markings. Barry calls the other sibling, SOME ARE ANGELS, a glaciata, but he
does not use this term for AR.

AR is from Billows X a Harmonics sibling
ONLY YOU (BILLOWS X HARMONICS) has lemon standards, and rose plicata
markings on the falls only, (like Billows)

It will be interesting to see what I get from these seedlings. I am hoping
that one has pink standards, and cream falls. Of course chances are I will
get one and it will have dreadful form and growth habit :-)
Cheers, jan