Re: HIST: Dykes Medals?

Pat, what I've been saying is:  there is an easier way to check on the
British Dykes Medals other than writing to England.    For many years I have
had a complete planting of the American, English, French (as far as it went)
and now the Australasian, --- so I'm aware that some of these are available
in this country AND there is a list in the '89 AIS bound R&I  After that
date, it is frequently in the AIS Bulletin.  This year it was won by Tamberg
of Germany.  Also the yearly R&I frequently gives the addresses of the foregn
societies .  Also   the medal winners and most foregn irises are also
registered with AIS - otherwise I believe they would not be  eligible to win
any awards  at shows - at least legally.  THAT one reason why there has been
such a concerted effort to register the outstanding JIs from Japan.
I'm sure George Sutton could furnish the list  of the 90s if he isn't too
busy shipping. Unfortunately my list is inundated  with so much iris stuff I
can't find it now - I realize not everyone has the  R&Is(they are really
wonderful)  nor is everyone well versed (me, for instance) in this monster or
even have one (which some gurus don't realize!)
I'll try to find my list if you haven't located what you need to know .  I
don't have the  most recent ones as yet.    The method of their election is
different in each country -  I think they have to be grown is a specific
garden for Australia - and in some cases the hybridizers just don't bother to
submit their irises.    Riosalie nr Baltimore  zone 7   ryfigge@aol.com

Click here for savings: beMANY!
http://click.egroups.com/1/6753/0/_/486170/_/966085008/