Talkers and Lurkers,

Let me set the scene.  You are from a large family.  The home is crowded much
like the old lady who lived in a shoe. Sadly some of the siblings must go.
One sister, with a prettier face and straighter back, is favored by your
single parent caregiver.  She is chosen to remain while the other siblings,
yourself included, are destined for foster care!  How do you fight back?  How
do you stay out of foster care?  Not the prettiest or the best, you're
considered too ugly, possibly the result of inbreeding. How can you survive?

If you're an iris growing in my beds, you send up a bloom stalk in August,
just as the sun glistens off the approaching shovel, sending light flashing
between the fans!  (never mind the "cruckets" (shame on me) ate three of four
buds.)  Hurrah!  Saved to a life of breeding and child bearing.

From the serious side--here's a word for those new to breeding rebloomers. I
have a theory about using westcoast rebloomers and northern rebloomers to
create rebloomers for all regions. This cross involves westcoast rebloomers,
with a touch (1/4) of northern blood.  From those wondering about inbreeding
it is a sibling cross.  I'm a long way from the end but I have produced my
first reblooming red.  Well, there actually was another but it was sooooooooo
ugly. Hang in there.

Betty / Bowling Green KY USA(The heat and humidity capital of the world) zone

Remember four years of good friends, bad clothes, explosive
chemistry experiments.