Re: TB: I. germanica?

>While the height seems to vary a lot according to location, this is widely
>grown in SA and commomly referred to as I germanicus.
>We sell it and find it to be very popular.
>
>Colleen Modra

My I. germanica is more like the one on the HIPS page, and the one I
mentioned is not really like that at all.
I seem to recall having seen something like it on the net somewhere, and
think perhaps it is a species iris of some sort, or, as you say, may just be
a form of I. germanica.
I will try and get a photo of it. (Actually I will try and get a rhizome of
it, but I don't want to be caught pinching plants from public gardens)
Cheers, Jan