Re: CULT: REB: SUMMER WHITEWINGS & JULY SUNSHINE (?)

Linda Mann writes:

>Most things bloom shorter than registered here, but
>so many cultivars are stunted by my growing conditions, I never know
>what "normal" bloom size is supposed to be,

Same here.  While I wish many would grow taller, I don't worry too much
as long as the blooms stay smaller on the shorter stalks.  I get BB class
out of a lot of the TBs.  If the blooms are larger, then they get too much
out of proportion and don't look so good.  Usually, though, the blooms
also stay smaller.  In good years they make more of an effort to reach
registered heights and the blooms are larger when the height is taller.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7, USA

http://click.egroups.com/1/7012/0/_/486170/_/966180650/