AIS: bulletin note about TBIS

I am curious to hear what members of TBIS and AIS think about the
information in the AIS Bulletin about AIS's conditions for making TBIS
an affiliate (or section or whatever it is).

Off the top of my head (without knowing all the ramifications and
repercussions) it seems that TBIS ought to have the right to decide
when/where/how it has it's annual (or more or less often) meetings
without AIS dictating that.  If the members want to meet with AIS, they
can vote to do so.  Also, I think TBIS has tried to make their meetings
as inexpensive as possible.  I understand AIS's points about wanting
TBIS meetings to coincide with AIS meetings, but I thought the whole
point of TBIS was to be an independent group.

Just curious as to what folks think about this subject.  This list and
occasional other email tends to be my main (only) point of contact with
the 'real' world of AIS and TBIS.  I hear electronic rumors now and then
of folks being REALLY bent out of shape, so I know this is a sensitive
issue.  & might not belong here for discussion for that reason.

If you don't feel comfortable sharing your two cents on the subject
onlist, I'd be interested in hearing your comments offlist.  (but be
civil <g>)

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Thinking about buying a house? Start with the Power of Yes.
It's put thousands of people into the homes of their choice.
Now it's your turn. Get your "Yes" at: