CULT: IRIS WORM

In a message dated 8/13/00 9:05:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
FrankandJean@webtv.net writes:

<< AS A NEW SUBSCRIBER TO YOUR IRIS-TALK, MAY I ASK  WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT
 A WORM THAT HAS INVADED OUR RHYZOMES? >>

Frank and Jean,
      I would like to second Dorothy Willott's advice.  I used to live in KY
and found that infestations of the Iris Borer were far less severe when the
Iris beds were cleaned thoroughly in the late winter or very early spring.
Still, I had to used chemicals once per season.
     Here in Florida, there are no Iris Borers, but I can't grow as many
types of Iris.

Mark A. Cook
BigAlligator@aol.com
Dunnellon, Florida   USDA Zone 8b      [Rain, 84 F]

http://click.egroups.com/1/7012/0/_/486170/_/966263074/