Re: CULT: TB: REBloomers

Dear Doreen,  Rebloomers will rebloom in New England - just where are you?
They rebloom in Canada - in Montana,   and one of the earliest  reblooming
hybruidizers Dr. G. Percy Brown lived in New England  The secret is to choose
the irises that will rebloom in a cold climate.  MANY irises, whether
hybridized as rebloomers or not will rebloom in Calif.  Many rebloomers
hybridized in the West Coast are too tender for cold climates --- Have you
joined the Reblooming IRis Society?  Do you have the Reblooing IRis
CHECKLIST?  That  gives b oth zones and states (and countries)  of over 2200
irises that have been reported to rebloom.  A Rebloomer can give so much
pleasure in the fall that you really need to try the ones that do so for your
area.  If you email me I'' ll try to help you choose a few. I am the
Immediate Past President of the RIS  And Charlie Brown is now President as
well as Membership Chairman and he can also supply the Checklist - he lives
in Texas - check the address in the  AIS BULLETIN  Rosalie  nr Baltimore USA
region 7   ryfigge@aol.com
(sometimes I think it is 6)

Remember the good 'ol days
http://click.egroups.com/1/8012/0/_/486170/_/966294935/