Re: IRIS WORM (borer)

In a message dated 8/14/00 2:15:23 PM Central Daylight Time,
jijones@ix.netcom.com writes:

> Doreen,
>
>  Though I have never had to deal with the critters, I understand timing
>  and repeated applications are imperative for successful treatment.

Agree, John.  I think Dorothy Willott posted EXCELLENT instructions just the
other day on how this is done.  I forwarded this post to many non Iris-Talk
people that are having problems controlling borers.  Thank you Dorothy!  Well
written!

People in zones without borers should be SO grateful.  It is hard to be
working at a club iris sale when potential customers are told about borers
from someone who had them and they come rushing up in a barrage of a million
questions...It is such a negative.  The borer alone is responsible for
deterring many from growing iris in our zone.  Many people are looking for
"carefree" perennials (not that their IS such an animal...) and hear about
garden cleanup, Cygon, erwinia, etc., etc. and running screaming into the
streets.  :-)

Linda Doffek
West Bend WI    Zone 5
Member AIS, MIS, TBIS, and Wisconsin Iris Society VP

http://click.egroups.com/1/7012/0/_/486170/_/966296630/