Re: OT-BIO: Steve Markley

I am new to the list(just found it) and 3 years new to growing Iris.
Well, we watched those Iris bloom for a couple of seasons and got hooked.
We cleared one of the veggy gardens and started planting.............
I see more rhizomes in our future and maybe some hybridizing -- looks
like we may lose another veggy garden, maybe some of the lawn, too. Wait,
maybe a lot of the lawn!
Steve Markley

WELCOME to the list Steve!    It's been 3 years, you're hooked, and you
still have lawn?    Last time I checked lawn was not on the list of
companion plants for iris...
Seriously, my lawn has also narrowed down to what can grow under the
trees... where it is too shady for iris to grow, and where I can sit in the
hammock looking at the iris... although this time of year it's sitting in
the cool and wondering who is going to nudge me out to dig up another bed of
iris!
Kitty Loberg in Northern Calif., where I counted twelve hummingbirds trying
to feed off one feeder tonight and who knows how many at the other one...
where did they all come from?

Make new friends, find the old at Classmates.com:
http://click.egroups.com/1/8011/0/_/486170/_/966319221/