Re: TBIS

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Jones" <jijones@ix.netcom.com>
To: <iris-talk@egroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2000 4:12 PM
Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: TBIS

Could you be a little more specific? I am a member
of TBIS and would
like to know more about this controversy. Have the
members of TBIS been
asked about this?

Thx

John

****************

It was discussed at the TBIS Spring Meeting and,
if I understood correctly, pursuit of any AIS
affiliation has been tabled for the present.

The requirement that to be a section TBIS not have
a Spring Meeting except at the AIS Convention
while allowing other sections to have their own
mini-conventions seems a bit unfair to me.  The
rules should apply equally to all sections.

AIS is probably right about the reduction in
attendance at the AIS Conventions if they have to
compete with a much more reasonable (in both time
and money) TBIS Spring Meeting.

Perhaps AIS should look at the out of pocket cost
of the Dallas Convention to see why some attended
the TBIS Spring meeting rather than the Dallas
Convention.  The AIS Convention appears to be
oriented towards the retired members or those who
don't have families who have first priority for
vacation time and money.  The weekend TBIS Spring
Meeting  may have been all the time and money some
who did not go to Dallas felt they could devote to
Iris this spring.

I registered for both the AIS Convention and the
TBIS Spring Meeting (which my daughter attended
with me for a total cost of registration and room
less than my AIS registration).

I was unable to attend the AIS Convention due to
medical problems.  Since I haven't received a
refund of the Dallas registration, which I
requested on March 29th and was told by Steve
Kimball would be refunded shortly ,  I will be
more inclined in future to attend the TBIS spring
meetings than the AIS Conventions.

Martha Brown