Re: Re: TBIS

In a message dated 8/15/00 10:25:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mbrown@pldi.net

<< The requirement that to be a section TBIS not have
 a Spring Meeting except at the AIS Convention
 while allowing other sections to have their own
 mini-conventions seems a bit unfair to me.  The
 rules should apply equally to all sections. >>

Dear Martha:

It may not seem fair to tall bearded enthusiasts, but the AIS Convention is a
Tall Bearded Convention.  The only way other types of irises can be seen is
to have a separate convention.  Miniature dwarf and Japanese irises are never
seen at the AIS convention.  Only a few standard dwarf, intermediate, aril
and Siberian irises are blooming in tour gardens.  Louisiana irises are seen
only when conventions are in southern areas.  Is it fair to these irises to
never be seen by judges?  Also, the AIS convention section meetings let
people find out more about the other than tall bearded kinds of irises.
Apparently, many tall bearded iris lovers feel no other type of iris is
worthy of AIS attention.  With two conventions competing for tall bearded
judges and for guest irises, I feel that both would suffer.

I have been avoiding this subject because I got flamed the last time I said
something about, but I just couldn't keep quiet any longer.

Dorothy Willott

Old school buds here: