Re: Re: TBIS

In a message dated 08/15/2000 10:52:32 PM Central Daylight Time,
dwiris@aol.com writes:

>  Also, the AIS convention section meetings let
>  people find out more about the other than tall bearded kinds of irises.
>  Apparently, many tall bearded iris lovers feel no other type of iris is
>  worthy of AIS attention.  With two conventions competing for tall bearded
>  judges and for guest irises, I feel that both would suffer.
>
>  I have been avoiding this subject because I got flamed the last time I
said
>  something about, but I just couldn't keep quiet any longer.
I am a member of TBIS and have never heard mention we would have a convention
to compete with AIS. This was always the one point we made clear it would
never ever in any way interfere with the AIS national convention. Besides
it's a pre-convention tour and if that tour would interfere with the present
convention in a given year the tour is cancelled and only a board meeting
will come to pass.

Jim Loveland who loves all iris but is a member of TBIS

Hate housework?...then WIN A MAID....
http://click.egroups.com/1/7014/0/_/486170/_/966430154/