Re: Re: TBIS

> I am a member of TBIS and have never heard mention we would have a
> convention to compete with AIS. This was always the one point we made
> clear it would never ever in any way interfere with the AIS national
> convention. Besides it's a pre-convention tour and if that tour would
> interfere with the present convention in a given year the tour is
> cancelled and only a board meeting will come to pass.
>
> Jim Loveland who loves all iris but is a member of TBIS

    The 2001 AIS Convention is in Pennsylvania, with headquarters
in suburban Baltimore.

	The 2002 AIS Convention is in Memphis.

     The 2003 AIS Convention is in NOVA.

	If Salem was a pre-convention tour, how far in advance do they
plan this type of tour? . . . not trying to be smart, but just asking
because Salem is way on down the road.  There were pre-
convention tours in 98 in OK(before the convention in OKC in 99)
and in Dallas in 99 (before the convention there this year).  The
Salem tour seemed to be in competition.  An abbreviated
convention such as Salem naturally costs less, but the air fare for
some might have skyrocketed the costs.  Fare will always vary
depending on 'where you are coming from' and when you
purchased your ticket.

	HIPS Happenings, Median Musters, Siberian conventions are
occasional conventions and not yearly functions.  Regional
meetings/tours/conventions occur in all twenty-four regions
annually or should.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8 USA

Missing old school friends? Find them here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/8015/0/_/486170/_/966431493/