Re: Re: TBIS

In a message dated 08/16/2000 8:12:27 AM Central Daylight Time,
wmoores@watervalley.net writes:

>   If Salem was a pre-convention tour, how far in advance do they
>  plan this type of tour? . . . not trying to be smart, but just asking
>  because Salem is way on down the road.  There were pre-
>  convention tours in 98 in OK(before the convention in OKC in 99)
>  and in Dallas in 99 (before the convention there this year).  The
>  Salem tour seemed to be in competition.  An abbreviated
>  convention such as Salem naturally costs less, but the air fare for
>  some might have skyrocketed the costs.  Fare will always vary
>  depending on 'where you are coming from' and when you
>  purchased your ticket.

In competition? Why would it be in competition? The national was over and to
my knowledge only a few attended that tour. This isn't a big promoted tour as
some seem to think. To my knowledge most attend the AIS convention also. I
don't see what all the hullabaloo is over myself. I think some want to make
the pre-tour to be more than what it actually is all about.

Now this is my opion and mine only so don't go saying TBIS said this or
that.....But I would like to see either TBIS be a section or recognized as a
cooperating society so we can hold the convention for AIS each year. Maybe we
could raise some much needed money for AIS if they would let us. I believe if
its run right both organizations could benefit greatly. This would free AIS
to oversee all the iris organizations cooperating as well as sections. But
the problem I see as a lifetime member of AIS is all the politics.  AIS
created it's own problems but had well intentions by creating the sections.
Now what you have is each class with its own group that want to have it their
own way. Therefore you have a lot of bickering and politics which most of us
could care less about and only want to have fun. Until we go back to having
fun I am afraid what the future has in store.

Now why TBIS was formed...If I am not mistaking it was formed to let AIS
promote all class of iris in it's bulletin on an equal level. You can't have
the organization promoting all classes but still claim it's a TB
organization.  If your going to promote then promote all classes with each
class having it's society and you be the overseer. But most important of
all...we have to promote to the public this is fun. Until we show others it's
fun to belong then we will never be recognized again as one of the top
flowers in the world. FUN FUN FUN is what it's all about, not bickering or
politics. This goes for all iris organizations.

I oppoligize for my grammar. But I get so worked up when adults can't act as
adults. I'm not talking about on this list. I feel everyone here feels the
same about this LET's SOLVE THIS NOW!!! Maybe we need to start a write in
campaign to both organizations and tell them we want this resolved. If
everyone on here wrote a letter to each president just maybe this would get
things moving in the right direction.
Jim Loveland who doesn't know when to shut up....If I offended anyone I

Missing old school friends? Find them here: