Re: RE: Fall only bloomers

I've had Bountiful Harvest blooming in the spring and it's blooming again
now.  The bloom stalk is very short and stubby, the blooms are small and
don't last long.  This time of year the blooms are not nearly as impressive
as the spring.  Possibly the desert heat has something to do with that.

BTW,  congratulations on the 64 acres.  Lots more work and fun ahead.

Jeff Kurtzeman
Zone 9 Phoenix

Mike Sutton wrote:

> In the quest for everbloomers, we have come across a few iris that only
> bloom in fall.  The fall only blooming trait seems to be coming out of
> Bountiful Harvest.  Does anyone think this would be a viable trend?
> Mike Sutton
> Sutton's Iris Gardens
> Porterville, CA USA
> USDA zone 8
> found another 64 acres for iris, yahoooooo!

Need a credit card? 0% interest APR. You are approved! for up to $7,500.