Re: AIS:TBIS

> In a message dated 08/16/2000 8:12:27 AM Central Daylight Time,
> wmoores@watervalley.net writes:
>
> >   If Salem was a pre-convention tour, how far in advance do they
> >  plan this type of tour?
>
> In competition? Why would it be in competition? The national was over
> and to my knowledge only a few attended that tour. . . .

  Jim Loveland

	Any time one convention 'feeds off the other' for conventioneers,
that is competition, no matter what time of the year the
conventions are held.

     I would not consider the Salem tour to be in the pre-convention
category.

	What strikes me as being out of the ordinary with some in TBIS
is the fact that several TBIS leaders show up for Board Meetings at
AIS Conventions but do not stay around for other meetings,
banquets, and tours of said AIS Convention.  Seeing this happen in
Dallas is not my first observation of this fact, and, of course, these
leaders have every right to leave as they please.  But, I feel as if
this act is some sort of boycott or silent protest of AIS.  I get bad
vibes when I see this happen.  Another observer in Dallas said it
was 'downright rude.'  I cannot see such acts as 'spreading the
gospel' of irises or the TBIS.

I agree that the section/cooperating society problem has taken
much too long to settle.  Is the end in sight?  Let members of AIS
and TBIS vote 'up or down' as the AIS Board did, and please let
every member vote, not just the 'household.'

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS 7/8 USA

http://click.egroups.com/1/7017/0/_/486170/_/966472021/