HYB: Punnett Square

I find this much more interesting than the postings of TBIS/AIS discussions.
Thanks Donald and Sharon.

Ok, here is my uneducated question. As to fertility, do the gametes have to
be balanced to be fertile, ie, AABB? Does that mean the seed won't germinate
or does that mean the results will be sterile? Or does that mean that
combination won't even form a seed? I do understand there are no absolutes,
but absolutely what is the general rule?

Please help me out of the darkness I with my lone cross of White Lightening
x Red at Night. None of my aril/MTB crosses took this year.

Cindy Rivera
Albuquerque, NM