Re: OT: iris borer

I am not sure if I am doing this right but will give it a try.  For those
without patience, don't go any farther this will try the little patience you
have.  For those who can handle a beginners lack of knowledge read on maybe
you can help.
My Iris had what looked like mud spattered on the leaves.  After removing
much of these splats I realized it was  type of egg.  Is this the borer I
have read so much about?  On the chance that it was I have begun cutting the
iris back.  Upon a little research I realize I need to clean the beds out.
What is the gestation period from egg to grub?  Will Bacillus popillae
(Milky Spore) kill the grub as it does bettles in their grub stage?  Has
anyone tried planting wormwood in the iris beds as a deterent?  The Iris
planted near the wormwood recieved no egg cases on them.  Will making a
liquid spray by blending up some of the grubs in the blender with a teaspoon
of detergent work, and spraying on the iris be a natural deterent.  I works
with  other critters.  Has anyone tried it.
Thanks for the patience
Rusty  freedomdove48@hotmail.com