I agree with you, Martha.  It irritates me that AIS focuses so much on TBs.
I am interested in learning about other irises, and it's frustrating that
they are spending my money to promote TBs.... as if they aren't popular
enough already.

This last Bulletin was wonderful, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's
not another article or photograph of Louisiana Irises for the next 10

I think the Symposium is stupid.  For me to vote for my Favorite TBs, is
like asking me to vote for my Favorite Country Music songs.  While country
music is okay... I much prefer other types instead.  Same with irises.
While some TBs are nice, I much prefer Arilbreds, Louisianas, Species, and
SPEC-X.  There aren't even any TB's that rank in my Top 10 favorite irises.
It certainly makes the Symposium pointless & worthless for me.

Yes, I know I'm in the minority, but that does not invalidate my opinion.

>This is a very good point.
> AIS Conventions showcased the 434 TBs and
>basically ignored the 420 non-TBs registered in
>that year.  Is that fair to the hybridizers and
>enthusiasts of the other 420 Iris?
>Especially when it is done every year?  Could
>there be a correlation between the lack of
>emphasis placed on non-TBs by the AIS and the fact
>there are not as many hybridizers or growers?
>Therefore not as many registrations?
>If AIS is going to continue to primarily focus on
>TBs then they need to eliminate AIS membership
>dues, implement TB section dues and every one only
>pays dues for the section or sections they are
>interested in.  Each section could then operate
>independently in the matter of conventions.
>Instead those people who cannot or do not care to
>grow TBs continue to subsidize YOUR interest in
>TBs with their AIS dues.  Does that seem fair to

Remember four years of good friends, bad clothes, explosive
chemistry experiments.