Re: AIS: TBIS

>We are a business
>so the emphasis has to be on what sells.  TBs make
>up 91% of our sales in
>volume and over 95% of sales in dollars.  We try
>to offer something for as
>many people as possible but it is pretty obvious
>that the large majority
>want TBs.

I bought 80 rhizomes this year (not a small chunk of change, I assure you).

	22 aril/arilbred
	2 japanese
	30 Louisianas
	1 MDB
	4 Spec-X
	16 Spec (all beardless)
	4 Spurias
	1 TB

Less than 1% of my dollars went to TBs.  You did not get any of my money
because you do not carry what I wanted.  I bought from you in the past and
loved the service.  However this year I wanted to expand into things other
than TBs, and had to take my business elsewhere.  My money went to 13 other
nurseries that carried the things I wanted.  Just something for you to
consider before drawing conclusions about what customers really want!
Again, I know I'm in the minority, but I'm certainly not the only one out
there buying non-TB irises.

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
Cincinnati, Ohio USA; USDA Zone 6
http://www.badbear.com/dkramb/home.html

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds! Apply NOW!
1. Fill in the brief application
3. Get rates as low as 0.0% Intro APR and no annual fee!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7874/0/_/486170/_/966648809/