    From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>
    To: iris-talk@egroups.com <iris-talk@egroups.com>
    Date: Friday, August 18, 2000 9:06 PM
    Subject: Re: [iris-talk] AIS: TBIS

    >We are a business
    >so the emphasis has to be on what sells.  TBs make
    >up 91% of our sales in
    >volume and over 95% of sales in dollars.  We try
    >to offer something for as
    >many people as possible but it is pretty obvious
    >that the large majority
    >want TBs.

    I bought 80 rhizomes this year (not a small chunk of change, I assure you).

          22 aril/arilbred
          2 japanese
          30 Louisianas
          1 MDB
          4 Spec-X
          16 Spec (all beardless)
          4 Spurias
          1 TB

    Less than 1% of my dollars went to TBs.  You did not get any of my money
    because you do not carry what I wanted.  I bought from you in the past and
    loved the service.  However this year I wanted to expand into things other
    than TBs, and had to take my business elsewhere.  My money went to 13 other
    nurseries that carried the things I wanted.  Just something for you to
    consider before drawing conclusions about what customers really want!
    Again, I know I'm in the minority, but I'm certainly not the only one out
    there buying non-TB irises.

    Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
    Cincinnati, Ohio USA; USDA Zone 6
    http://www.badbear.com/dkramb/home.html