Re: CULT: IRIS WORM

In a message dated 8/18/00 9:41:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dkramb@badbear.com writes:

<< Mark, in addition to cleaning the dead foliage, I also chop back my irises
 to about 2"-3" tall in early October and have had NO borer this year.  And
 I don't ever use chemicals.  Presumably chopping back the foliage &
 cleaning up the debris at this time of year robs the moths of a place to
 lay their eggs. >>

Dennis,
     This could be very interesting for those in borer prone areas.  Does
this harm the growth and increase on the Iris, or have the leaves fed the
plants all they were going to anyway?  If this proves to be a way to grow
Irises chemical-free, I am all for it.

Mark A. Cook
BigAlligator@aol.com
Dunnellon, Florida.