Re: AIS: Awards

> We have been wondering when the rest of the AIS awards
> (AM'S/HM'S)
> will be posted.  As the  AIS Dwarf and Median Display Garden
> in this area, we arrange our beds and move plants around to
> various display areas based on the list of current award
> winners.  We do not move or plant bearded iris later than
> the 15th of August and would never go beyond the 1st of
> September.  We need time for the roots to be well
> established before the ground freezes.  This has an effect
> on what we have available for the public to view next
> spring.  We have never missed this time frame in the past
> for this reason.

> Carol and Ken Coleman
> C. Iris on Pond
> Region 11, Zone 5
> Boise, Idaho 83705

	Likewise with hybridizers sending their guest plants to

	There really isn't much point in sending off irises if they have
lost their eligibility for awards. (Yes, I know an iris is eligible for
lesser awards forever, but its name is not on the ballot).  Their
space in a convention planting can be better used for worthy
seedlings and newer releases or relieve crowdiness in otherwise
cramped convention beds.

     I agree that the hour is late.

	Walter Moores
      Enid Lake, MS 7/8 USA