AIS: Satisfying Personal Needs

	Back in the early sixties as a result of helping my mother claim
plants from my recently deceased grandmother's garden, I became
interested in irises and a lot of other plants, too.

	For several years, I wandered in darkness, not knowing there
was an iris world out there.  Then, by accident, I discovered an iris
show and was informed that there was a plant society called the
American Iris Society, and was given an 'Invitation to Join' booklet.
I did join and was welcomed into a world I never knew existed.  My
interest in plants was changed dramatically as a result.

     Over the years, I have seen ups and downs in the American Iris
Society, but it has survived eighty years now and no doubt will
continue regardless of what obstacles arise.  The greatest test, as
I recall, was the closing of the central office.  Opposition to that
passed with time, and so will the current problem.  I only wish I
knew how and when. I feel there must be a compromise
somewhere. Regardless, I will always need AIS for the many
services it provides and will support it.

     I need TALL TALK, the TBIS bulletin, which has been
outstanding from the first issue and continues to get even better
with each new publication.

	I also need TBIS - as a friend and partner to AIS, but not as the
rebellious foe it seems to be now.

     Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8 USA

Thinking about buying a house? Start with the Power of Yes.
It's put thousands of people into the homes of their choice.
Now it's your turn. Get your "Yes" at:
http://click.egroups.com/1/7763/0/_/486170/_/966784337/