Walter Moores, responding to the statement that there had in past been a vote
on status by the membership of  TBIS said:

<<  Yes, there was that vote, but since then I know several TBIS members who
have changed their minds and prefer the section status or no TBIS at all.
They think all of this has taken too much time and are tired of the

Speaking here as a student of the history of AIS, it seems to me that other
scenarios may arise from what now appears to be a polarized situation.

The record shows that the Sections grew from grassroots member enthusiasm for
a certain class of irises, which enthusiasm  for the TB within AIS is clearly
widespread. That most members of AIS are members because they choose to be,
and in general support the organization, seems to be a reasonable presumption.

Current discussions suggest that the idea of a Section within AIS devoted to
the Tall Bearded Iris enjoys a good deal of support. What is not yet clear is
whether the organization known as TBIS will be that Section. If it comes to
pass that it is not, I would not be surprised to see another organization
devoted to the TB arise within AIS, formed with intent to affiliate.

Anner, in Virginia