Re: Re: AIS:Subsidizing

----------
> From: BigAlligator@aol.com
> To: iris-talk@egroups.com
> Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: AIS:Subsidizing
> Date: Sunday, August 20, 2000 8:34 AM
>
> In a message dated 8/20/00 11:05:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> redear@infinet.com writes:
>
> << A clump of DUSKYCHALENGER Make a statement, A clump of I. FULVA does
not in
>  my opinion. >>
>
>      Not to "bash" either Iris, but DUSKY CHALLENGER grows in climates
too
> cold for Iris fulva, but Iris fulva grows in climates where DUSKY
CHALLENGER
> rots.
>
> Mark A. Cook
> BigAlligator@aol.com
> Dunnellon, Florida      USDA Zone 8b      Heat Zone 10.
Both are growing here like weeds, Zone 5b. A clump of blooming Fulva would
be pretty anywhere it will grow, but it would not be noticed next to a
clump of Dusky Challenger, Tempting Fate or Hot Chocolate. Some would say
the clumps of TB are too gaudy.

It all goes back to grow what you can and what you like.

No banana or orange trees in my garden

Mike Greenfield
redear@infinet.com

http://click.egroups.com/1/7011/0/_/486170/_/966816799/