Re: CULT: IRIS WORM

In a message dated 8/20/00 9:48:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dkramb@badbear.com writes:

<< It did not affect the spring bloom at all.  There were plenty of stalks and
 flowers.  I suspect that by October the plants have pretty much matured to
 bloom-sized rhizomes.  But I don't really know that for sure.

 While it's only been 1 year, I think it's compelling evidence.  Out of
 hundreds of clumps of irises, there were no borers, with no chemicals.
 That just can't be a fluke. >>

Dennis,
     This sounds like something worth repeating.  Maybe someone else in borer
prone areas would try this on part but not all of their Irises and see what
happens.

Mark A. Cook
BigAlligator@aol.com
Dunnellon, Florida.