Re: TB: Symposium

Hi Dennis and Talkers:

I like Dennis' idea of having an inclusive Symposium.  I never vote the
Popularity Poll, because I'm not knowledgeable of TB irises....

The solution to this quandry is simple:  TBIS should conduct the TB
popularity poll, and AIS can conduct an all-inclusive poll.  We in the
Society for Louisiana Irises conduct our own La. iris popularity poll.  The
Siberian Soceity and each of the other sections do one--unless I'm
mistaken.  So, why can't TBIS do one too?  That would free AIS from this
responsibility, help remove some of the appearance of a TB-bias within AIS,
and give AIS an opportunity to reach out to the wider iris world.

AIS is a good organization, and it serves its functions quite admirably.
The fact that some of us would like to make it a little less-TB oriented
does not in any way lessen our appreciation for its overall positive
contributions to horti- culture.  AIS is one baby we don't want to throw
out with the bath water!

Just my opinion.

Tom W. Dillard, Curator
Butler Center for Arkansas Studies