Re: Re: Symposium ballot

One more posting on this...and that's all...I promise!

Carryl's posting makes good sense...except she fails to address WHY the
national organization (an umbrella for all irises) should conduct a
popularity poll on one type of iris exclusively.  None of us are
challenging the appropriateness of AIS's conducting a TB poll...what I am
saying is that AIS should not have to conduct a TB poll...that should be
done by the new TBIS.

AIS could, as an alternative, serve as a venue for popularizing all of the
various polls.  Or, another alternative, would be for AIS to conduct a
yearly "run-off" poll, which would include the top 20 winners, say, from
each category...with the result being a list that is truly inclusive.  It
might end up that TBs would win all of the top spots in such an inclusive
poll; and if that happened, so be it.  However, I predict, a truly
inclusive poll would (over time) gradually become as diverse as the Genus

Tom W. Dillard, Curator
Butler Center for Arkansas Studies
Central Arkansas Library System
100 Rock Street