SPEC: African Iris.

In a message dated 8/21/00 11:35:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tgreaves@primeco.com writes:

<< Hi, I just got some Irises from a friend who knew the technical name for
 iris, but not the type.  She said it is:
 Family: Iridaceae, Scientific name: Dietes Vegeta. >>

     This is the plant commonly known as African Iris.  It will grow in full
sun or part shade.  I have better luck with it in a place that is sheltered
somewhat from our winter freezes.
     The blooms are white with purple and yellow markings on them, and can
come during most of the year.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida.